Mitt aller første årets ord, var altså Imperturbable, så var det Remember i 2008, og Breathe i 2009.
I 2010 kan jeg ikke huske hvilket ord jeg hadde - og faktisk lurer jeg på om jeg bare ikke hadde et. Jeg har ihvertfall ikke blogget om det. (Enda en grunn til å blogge!)
I 2011 hadde jeg 3 (!) - vel, dvs. jeg hadde vel strengt tatt 1: Selfless. Men jeg hadde 2 'runner ups', nemlig Perspective og Create.
2012 var altså Lift. Og nå er turen kommet til 2013. Etter mye frem og tilbake og litt juksing (kikket innom denne damen her...) Og tenkte egentlig at både Choose, See, Focus og Listen var gode alternativer. Men neida. Jeg har landet på TODAY.
Og når jeg først hadde landet, så kom jeg på denne lille boken her.
'Og ettersom ikke alle har tro, søk I derfor flittig og lær hverandre visdoms ord; ja, søk visdoms ord fra de beste bøker, søk lærdom ved studium og ved tro.'
Det aller siste jeg skrev (for et par måneder siden) var et sitat av Neal A. Maxwell:
'The submission of one's will is really the only thing we have to place on God's altar. The many other things we 'give' are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us!'
og dette fra samme mann:
'Patient endurance permits us to cling to our fatih in the Lord and our faith in His timing when we are being tossed about by the surf of circumstance. Even when a seeming undertow grasps us, somehow, in the tumbling, we are bieng carried forward, though battered and bruised.'
Just love that guy.
Men grunnen til at jeg kom på denne boken nå, i forbindelse med Årets Ord, var dette:
Jeg tipper jeg skrev det inn da jeg var ca. 18 år ut fra plasseringen i boken og at det står en del på fransk rett før. Jeg aner ikke hvor jeg fikk det fra, men hvem det enn var: Tusen Takk. På tide med en oppfrisking.
Rules for a perfect day.
Here are ten rules - resolutions to make when you wake in the morning:
- Just for today, I will try to live through this day only and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do some things for twelve hours that would appal me if I felt I had to keep them up for a lifetime.
- Just for today, I will be happy. This assumes that what A. Lincoln said is true: that 'most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.' Happiness is from within - it is not a matter of externals.
- Just for today, I will adjust myself to what is and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my family, my business and my luck as they come and fit myself to them.
- Just for today, I will take care of my body. I will exercise it, care for it, and nourish it and not abuse it or neglect it, so that it will be a perfect machine for my will.
- Just for today, I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer all day. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.
- Just for today, I will exercise my soul in three ways. I will do somebody a good turn and not get found out; if anybody knows it, it will not count. I will do at least two thiongs I don't want to do, as William James suggests: just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt. They may be hurt, but today I will not show it.
- Just for today, I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress as becomingly as possible, talk low, act courteously, be liberal with flattery, criticize not one bit nor find fault with anyhting, and not try to regulate nor improve anyone.
- Just for today, I will have a program. I will write down just what I expect to do every hour. I may not follow it exactly, but I'll have it. It will save me from the two pests: Hurry and Indecision.
- Just for today, I will have a quiet half hour, all by myself, and relax. In this half hour, some time, I will think of God, in order to get a little more perspective in my life.
- Just for today, I will be unafraid, especially, I will not be afraid to be happy, to enjoy what is beautiful, to love and to believe that thos I love, love me.
Gulp. Litt av en oppskrift. Særlig kanskje nr. 3 og nr. 8. Men en fin påminnelse uansett. Hvis noen vet hvem som har skrevet dette vil jeg gjerne vite det altså!
Og så ville jeg vise dere denne også, som jeg fant her. (hun hadde maaaange fine...)
Idag altså. Ha en fin en!